About the IHLS Group
The IHLS Group currently consists of twenty four companies, most of which are dedicated to language teaching. There are sixteen language schools in the Group, based in seven different countries:
- International House Barcelona
- International House Mataró
- International House Palma de Mallorca
- International House Sabadell
- International House Sant Cugat
- International House Tarragona
- International House Terrassa
- International House Zaragoza
- International House Riviera Maya
- International House Cancún
In Northern Ireland:
In South Africa
- International House Luanda*
* The IHLS has a minority shareholding in these three schools.
Other companies in the IHLS Group include:
- Net Languages – a Web-based language school
- English Corner Online – a social network for English language learners
The headquarters of the IHLS Group is in Barcelona, Spain.
The International House World Organisation
Founded in 1953, International House is a network of 140 language schools around the world, all committed to the highest standards in education and business.
A key aim of International House is to raise the standards of language teaching around the world. One important way in which we do this is through Teacher Training courses for which International House has a world-wide reputation. We train our own (as well as many other schools') teachers to enable language students to learn the language of their choice simply, quickly and efficiently in a rich linguistic and cultural environment.
To ensure that every school maintains the high standards that are specified in the Affiliation Agreement, an external assessor visits each school every two years and conducts a thorough investigation into all aspects of the school's activities. These visits ensure that the unparalleled reputation International House enjoys for the quality of its services is safeguarded.